1. 控管者及處理者應確保資料保護員適當且及時涉入所有有關個人 資料保護之業務。
1. The controller and the processor shall ensure that the data protection officer is involved, properly and in a timely manner, in all issues which relate to the protection of personal data.
2. 控管者及處理者應透過提供為執行職務及對個人資料與處理活動 之可及性所必要、以及維持其專業知識所必要之資源，支持資料保護 員行使第 39 條所稱職務。
2. The controller and processor shall support the data protection officer in performing the tasks referred to in Article 39 by providing resources necessary to carry out those tasks and access to personal data and processing operations, and to maintain his or her expert knowledge.
3. 控管者及處理者應確保資料保護員免於接收任何有關執行職務之 指令。其不得因執行職務而被控管者或處理者解任或處罰。資料保護 員應直接向處理者或管理者之最高管理階層報告。
3. The controller and processor shall ensure that the data protection officer does not receive any instructions regarding the exercise of those tasks. He or she shall not be dismissed or penalised by the controller or the processor for performing his tasks. The data protection officer shall directly report to the highest management level of the controller or the processor.
4. 資料主體就所有與其資料處理及行使本規則權利之有關原因，得 聯繫資料保護員。
4. Data subjects may contact the data protection officer with regard to all issues related to processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights under this Regulation.
5. The data protection officer shall be bound by secrecy or confidentiality concerning the performance of his or her tasks, in accordance with Union or Member State law.
The latest consolidated version of the Regulation with corrections by Corrigendum, OJ L 127, 23.5.2018, p. 2 ((EU) 2016/679). Source: EUR-lex.
(97) 於下述情形時，就資料保護之法律與實務有專業知識者應協助 控管者或處理者內部監督本規則之遵守，亦即：當資料處理係由除了 法院和獨立司法機關執行其司法權之公務機關執行時、於私部門之處 理係由核心活動包括需要經常且有體系的監控大規模資料主體的控 管者所為之處理活動、或於控管者及處理者之核心活動包括處理大規 模特殊類型之個人資料及涉及前科及犯罪之資料時。在私部門中，控 管者之核心活動係連結到其主要活動，而與作為輔助活動之個人資料 處理無關。專業知識所需程度尤應依據所執行之資料處理活動及由控 管者或處理者處理之個人資料所需之保護而定。該等資料保護員，不 問是否為控管者之雇員，都應以獨立之態度堅守職位以執行其任務。
(97) Where the processing is carried out by a public authority, except for courts or independent judicial authorities when acting in their judicial capacity, where, in the private sector, processing is carried out by a controller whose core activities consist of processing operations that require regular and systematic monitoring of the data subjects on a large scale, or where the core activities of the controller or the processor consist of processing on a large scale of special categories of personal data and data relating to criminal convictions and offences, a person with expert knowledge of data protection law and practices should assist the controller or processor to monitor internal compliance with this Regulation. In the private sector, the core activities of a controller relate to its primary activities and do not relate to the processing of personal data as ancillary activities. The necessary level of expert knowledge should be determined in particular according to the data processing operations carried out and the protection required for the personal data processed by the controller or the processor. Such data protection officers, whether or not they are an employee of the controller, should be in a position to perform their duties and tasks in an independent manner.